Featured in Alltop

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The OLIB's First Birthday

A year has gone by already?

I've got to say, when I first started this thing, it was wishful thinking to believe it would last a year. I never anticipated posting daily or even having more then a handful of posts or so a month. But here we are, full circle, 216 posts later.

Obviously a lot has gone on, not only here at The OLIB but in baseball in general. There really isn't much need to reflect upon either, given the fact that if you are interested you can search the entire sties database.

After a year, I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of readership. While I am not on the cusp of obtaining any corporate sponsorship, the fact that I have averaged over 20 readers per day since the websites Opening Day means a lot.

Below are the stats from the past year, courtesy of SiteMeter, a surprisingly free stat counting website.

Nearly 8,000 visitors since Opening Day, whether or not that is something to be proud of, I really do not know. Needless to say, I'm impressed.


The first time I broke 1000 readers, I had a mini-celebration. In stead of taking the bull by the horn, however, I let personal issues get in the way en route to a whopping 5 posts for the month of August.

I rebounded in September. Although the hits were slow to come, I continued churning out posts and began brain storming for the future. This led to another busy month in October, coupled with the most hits the site has seen in a given month.

While not breaking a single month record for views, November followed suit in cracking 1000 readers, a milestone I hope for as a minimum from this point forward and am currently paced for entering the 13th month of The OLIB's existence.


Thank you to everyone who has come and read anything on this site. Whether you have agreed or disagreed with whatever I have had to say, your viewership is greatly appreciated.

-Brandon

No comments:

TOP MLB BLOGS TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist

All Sport Sites



Blog Directory - Blogged BallHype: hype it up! Directory of Sports Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites