I would like to take this moment to introduce a blog that is vastly more popular then mine, The Drunk Jays Fans: We Are Smarter Than You, And More Drunk. Go Jays! I think the biggest thing they have on me, is that they are 'Good for the dick jokes'. Check out their blog.
Recently, The Score Hardcore Sports Network added DJF to their Podcast lineup. On the negative side, The Score is an embarrassment of sports coverage which tries to promote a Howard Stern type sports coverage. Keep in mind, I have no major issue with mindless vocabulary, but much of the coverage on Hardcore Radio appears to aim for the shock jock mentality.
That aside, I congratulate the guys at DJF for this gig, this is huge for their publicity and I see a bright future for them within sports media. This week I am introducing you their first Podcast over at The Score.
Topics covered on the Podcast include:
- The typical bloggers rant against latest mainstream media v. the Blogosphere. I'm not sure why bloggers take such offense to this, nor do I care. Anyone who is writing a blog and can honestly say that they would turn down press credentials and a regular paying salary to join mainstream media is a joke.
- A great conversation with the FAN 590's Mike Wilner. Wilner knows a lot about the Jays and baseball history, and a little bit about the rest of baseball. He is entertaining to listen to after Jays games as he shoots down fans who know a little bit about the Jays and nothing about the rest of baseball.
- The segment What's Getting at Your Craw? Is interesting and discusses the on-goings of the world of baseball.
- A segment which about the best Jays blog article of the week, this week is The Tao of Stieb co-author of The Tao of Steib another Jays blog. Question, with all of these Blue Jays blogs and presumably needed audience, how do the Jays have such poor attendance?
- Interestingly there is a reader/listener mail segment where they attack Nick Swisher. I have no issue with attacking the way a player looks...Especially one that is struggling to this great of a degree.
Check out the Podcast for yourself for a nice laugh. I'm typically not a big Podcast person, but I gave this one a shot and was not disappointed-that is, for what I was expecting.