Featured in Alltop

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Opening Day! Part 1 of 5 - Japan Issue

It's a brand new season and despite the games starting time being 6 AM EST my need for baseball outweighs what this is going to do to the rest of my day. In fact, at this point I don't even mind that there are going to be so many Opening Days.

So let's lose ourselves "in the comforting intricacies of baseball" (Gray, 2006, 5) and watch Baseball for Breakfast.

Update - 3/25/2008 - 10:07 AM
A couple notes of interest:
  1. Did anyone notice the advertisements on the right sleeve and helmet of the players today? I'm not sure if thisis going to be something that sticks for 2008 nor do I remember hearing anything about it. I wonder why playing games in Japan makes this acceptable?
  2. The Athletics may surprise some people in 2008. I am in the midst of my AL West Preview and despite having the A's ranking last I am wondering if this is simply too obvious of a pick. If Blanton, Ellis and the rest of the veterans are moved, then certainly, but this is a nice core.
  3. 95 pitches out of Matsuzaka a week before where he should have actually started. I think the Sox are going to pay for this down the line.
It was great to have baseball back on television. My dish is down so I was fortunate that the West Coast Roger's Sportsnet was carrying the game as for some reason, RSN East and Ontario felt as if people would rather see hockey high lights.

No comments:

TOP MLB BLOGS TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist

All Sport Sites



Blog Directory - Blogged BallHype: hype it up! Directory of Sports Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites