Featured in Alltop

Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008 Rookie of the Year (AL & NL)

Over at Baseball Digest Daily each of the writers was asked to provide a ballot for the 2008 awards. The first installment saw the writers discussing MLB's 2008 Rookie of the Year. I won't spoil how the votes shook out, but I will tell you that my first place votes went to Evan Longoria and Geovanny Soto.

No major surprise there, as I do imagine that's who the BBWAA voters will pick as well. However, while Soto wasn't a difficult pick, as I began to further examine the numbers, Mike Aviles of the Kansas City Royals made a legitimate run at Longoria. Between five win and value related statistics, Aviles beat Longoria in two, with Longoria taking three.

These statistical categories helped me make my decision, but furthered the evidence of how close these two were in performance.

I will go into further detail about these picks at a later date, for now, enjoy the work of the writers at BDD.

No comments:

TOP MLB BLOGS TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist

All Sport Sites



Blog Directory - Blogged BallHype: hype it up! Directory of Sports Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites